The philosophy of this Advanced Clinical Practice (named speciality) course from Edinburgh Napier University is to use a professional work approach integrated with an understanding of practical application to create a high employability focus and impact on your practice. At all stages, you will be encouraged to take an independent self-learning approach to developing a deep knowledge of your subject area.
This course is designed to be flexible and dynamic, allowing learning to be tailored to individual career aspirations. You will have the opportunity for inter-professional learning which can be contextualised to your health and/or care environment.
If you choose not to complete the full master’s degree, you can exit at various points during the course and achieve an award commensurate to the credits accrued.
There are 4 distinct exit points from the program. Exit with a Certificate of Credit (40 credits), Postgraduate Certificate in Enhanced Practice (80 credits), Post-graduate Diploma in Advanced Clinical Practice (named speciality) (120 credits) and MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (named speciality) (180 credits).
Graduates from this course can find opportunities in:
- Nursing / Midwifery
- Critical Care
- Primary Care
- Children and Young People’s Health
- Neonatal Health
- Learning disabilities
- Mental Health
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
There are five ‘core’ named specialities available which align to the Transforming Roles, Clinical Core Competencies (Phase 2 Paper):
- Acute Care
- Primary & Community Care
- Mental Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences Midwifery View 246 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Edinburgh Napier University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Be a qualified health and/or social care practitioner (for Advanced Practice (Midwifery) you must have an appropriate midwifery/obstetric nurse qualification with supporting evidence) AND
- Possess a bachelor degree OR
- Be in possession of other qualifications or experience which demonstrates that you have appropriate knowledge and skills at SCQF level 10 e.g. Clinical Decision Making Module OR
- Have successfully completed two taught modules equivalent to 40 credits at SCQF level 11 as a student of the University through our Affiliate student scheme.
Also you must satisfy the above requirements AND:
- Have employer approval to study for a clinical qualification in Advanced Practice, recognising that this programme requires the development of clinical assessment skills, case management and prescribing (where appropriate).
- Have an experienced supervisor who has agreed to oversee the development of practice based competence and learning.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National2333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
This program is for national students only, UK based, and you will need permission and support from your board to embark on it.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.