Electrical Engineering - Energy from Cape Peninsula University of Technology ensures that the curriculum offered at CPUT can be directly compared to that of other institutions; not only nationally, but also internationally through the benchmarking process that took place during the development of this new qualification. Graduates develop the knowledge and skills required to conduct independent research in many energy related aspects of engineering and environmental challenges, and to contribute significantly to knowledge production through the understanding, application and evaluation of existing and new knowledge.
This qualification is intended for engineers that intend working in the broader energy field. Graduates achieving this qualification have the competence to conduct independent research in energy engineering, and contribute significantly to knowledge production through the understanding, application and evaluation of existing knowledge.
Engineering researchers play an important role in the development of new products, new applications for existing products or raw materials, or cheaper ways of making existing products. The high-level skills obtained by the graduates of the programme will be directly marketable to the energy industry as well as improving their individual competitiveness. The benefits derived from this qualification are directly applicable to the South African economy and the continent through the energy sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Built Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering View 18 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An HEQSF aligned Level 8 qualification or an equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International203 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 203 EUR per year during 12 months.
National203 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 203 EUR per year during 12 months.
The Upfront payment for a day student will be R3 500.The upfront payment for students staying at Residence will be R5 000.
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.