Thanks to the defining education feature of ‘inheritance is the root and innovation is the soul’, the University has achieved a great deal in both education and research over the recent years.
According to the latest data released by ESI (Essential Science Indicator), three disciplines of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine have entered into ESI global discipline ranking top 1%. Spearheaded by Prof. Chen Kaixian (academician, Chinese Academy of Sciences) and Prof. HU Zhibi (academician, Chinese Academy of Engineering), the University has chief scientists of the National Basic Research Program (also known as 973 program), scholars of One Thousand Talents Scheme, the Cheung Kong Scholars Program of China and the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars.
What you'll learn
Just like the saying goes, ‘the root of virtue lies in education and the root of education lies in teachers’, the SHUTCM program in Chinese Materia Medica has always drawn the most original faculty, who work together in an interactive and genuinely multidisciplinary atmosphere.Ever since its establishment, the SHUTCM has been committed to the philosophy of pursuing “excellence rather than size, distinctiveness rather than inclusiveness and use rather than fame”. The past five decades have witnessed its equal emphasis on education, distinction and openness. The University has nine teaching hospitals to safeguard high-quality clinical training.
Research fields included:
- Substance fundamentals on TCM herbal formulas; Tumor Pharmacology; Immune Pharmacology
- New TCM drug delivery system
- Active chemical components in traditional Chinese medicinal herbs
- TCM Pharmacology on metabolic diseases
- Study on quality control and safety of Chinese Materia Medica
- Anti-cancer TCM Pharmacology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine Pharmacology View 170 other Masters in Human Medicine in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Healthy foreign nationals.
- A bachelor degree or degree of higher education background.
- Under 55 years of age; exceptions can be considered for applicants with competitive academic background or those recommended by collaborative universities
- Applicants for programs taught in Chinese must score at least 180 points in HSK Level V exam. There are no minimal Chinese language requirements for those who apply for programs taught in English or Japanese.
- Applicants without TCM background must hold a degree on medicine or related science and are expected to have abilities of self-study and conducting academic research.
International7031 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7031 USD per year during 36 months.
- Full-time master degree program taught in English/Japanese: 51000 RMB per year;
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.