Students of the Teaching Of English As A Second Language program of the University Putra Malaysia will gain a deeper understanding of areas such as second language teaching and learning, advanced teaching of communication skills in ESL, advanced teaching of literacy skills in ESL, assessment in TESL, literature in ESL, technology-enhanced language learning, grammar instruction, and curriculum and syllabus design in TESL. The content of the courses is informed by leading research and encourages students to develop critical awareness of current issues and new insights. The MSc and PhD programmes are by research, and students will get the opportunity to pursue research in their areas of interest. Students will also be trained to conduct research through courses such as research methods, statistics, experimental research in education and qualitative methods in educational research.
Uniqueness and strengths of programmes offered
All programmes can be pursued either part time or full time. All students will also receive personalised guidance in research by their dissertation (for MEd) and thesis (for MSc and PhD) supervisors. The TESL lecturers in the Faculty of Educational Studies are highly experienced and have expertise in the teaching of literature in ESL, TESL methodology, assessment in TESL, TESL theory and practice, the use of technology in language learning, grammar instruction, language skills, critical pedagogy and research in TESL.
Graduates of the TESL postgraduate programmes will be well-equipped to become professionals in TESL, whether as teachers, lecturers, education officers, policy makers, research officers or other related professions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information, please visit the program page.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 30 other Masters in Language Studies in Malaysia
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent, with minimum CGPA of 2.75, as accepted by the HEP's Senate; OR
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent, with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to a minimum of three (3) years working experince in a relevant field/passed internal assessment; OR
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent, not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experince in a relevant field.
International5431 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5431 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National2963 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2963 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National: 12,250 MYR per full programme
- International: 22,450 MYR per full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.