At Systems Biology and Metabolomics from University of Würzburg the two major topics are composed of two theory modules as well as a practical course unit each. Further research training is provided in a selected field of interest, and the students are actively involved in ongoing research projects and learn to independently plan and perform both theoretical and experimental work and finally, to summarize and discuss the results obtained in the thesis.
Students at Systems Biology and Metabolomics from University of Würzburg will:
- become familiar with state of the art approaches to comprehensively analyze physiological changes using current techniques of Metabolomics and Bioanalytics.
- be trained to understand recent results in systems biology and to discuss corresponding implications.
- become familiar with theoretical aspects and principles in comprehensive bioanalytical approaches in cell biology, developmental biology, microbiology.
- experience the complex interactions of living organisms including the importance of time and place to result in successful reproduction or synergy.
- Neurobiology, Behavioural Physiology and Animal Ecology
- Topics in Systems Biology
- Systems Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Topics in Bioinformatics or Signals and Differentiation
- Pharmaceutical Biology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificates of a degree in a Bachelor study programme (acquisition of 180 ECTS points) at the University of Würzburg or another national or international institution or a comparable national or international degree (for example State examination). The documents should be translated into German or English
- Proof of an university or equivalent degree (in the case of a requested ultimate Master-admission) attesting the achieved overall grading (documents translated into German or English)
- Proof of previously achieved study and examination performances (Transcript of Records). The record should proof the basic and advanced skills in biology and all required skills in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biostatistics (documents translated into German or English)
- Proof of experimental laboratory experience preferentially by an experimental thesis comprising a minimum of 10 ECTS
- Proof of skills in the English and German languages.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees
- Semester contribution of €143.60 before they can be enroled
- Student Services fee: 62.00 € + semester ticket: 81.60 €
Living costs for Würzburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.