The cell biology topics comprise developmental subjects such as tissue regeneration and morphogenetic cell migration, molecular stem cell biology, epigenetic plasticity, multicellularity and environment depending development.
Based on general aspects and novel approaches in molecular biology including bioinformatics and computational biology, current research topics in the fields of cell biology, microbiology, biophysics, bioinformatics are emphasized. These include in particular the action of pathogenicity factors of both human-pathogenic prokaryotic and eukaryotic infectious strains and ways to develop strategies against disease spreading.
- The Cell and Infection Biology students at University of Würzburg learn to understand the complexity of developmental processes of cells and tissues, based on fundamental principles of cell and molecular biology including the control of gene expression at various levels.
- By studying various forms and “strategies” of infectious particles or organisms, the students become familiar with the principles of strategies to limit the spreading of infectious disease and are able to evaluate infectious agents with regard to biosafety and biosecurity issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods in Life Sciences
- Molecular Infection Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Signals and Differentiation
- Pathogenicity of Microorganisms
- Cell and Developmental Biology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Certificates of a degree in a Bachelor study programme (acquisition of 180 ECTS points) at the University of Würzburg or another national or international institution or a comparable national or international degree (for example State examination). The documents should be translated into German or English
- Proof of an university or equivalent degree (in the case of a requested ultimate Master-admission) attesting the achieved overall grading (documents translated into German or English)
- Proof of previously achieved study and examination performances (Transcript of Records). The record should proof the basic and advanced skills in biology and all required skills in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biostatistics (documents translated into German or English)
- Proof of experimental laboratory experience preferentially by an experimental thesis comprising a minimum of 10 ECTS
- Proof of skills in the English and German languages.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Student contribution: 62,00 €
- Semester ticket: 80,70 €
Living costs for Würzburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.