American University’s online Master of Legal Studies (MLS) program prepares students to apply legal concepts to their everyday roles. The program can be completed in 12 months. No GRE/LSAT required to apply.
AU’s online Master of Legal Studies prepares students to apply legal concepts to their daily roles. We offer the following tracks: General MLS, Business, Health Care Compliance, or Technology.
Earn a Master of Legal Studies Online From AU
The online Master of Legal Studies program from American University Washington College of Law is designed for non-lawyers who could benefit from fundamental legal training but do not want to become practicing attorneys.
AU’s Master of Legal Studies—No GRE Required
Through a curriculum that covers advanced legal concepts across various industries and an in-person immersion in Washington, D.C., students will be prepared to apply legal skills in their everyday role. The program can be completed in 12 months. No GRE/LSAT required to apply.
American University—Master of Legal Studies Online
- Complete in as few as 12 months
- No GRE/LSAT scores required to apply
- Ranked No. 6 Law School in International Law by U.S. News & World Report for 2020
- Ranked No. 9 Law School in Intellectual Property Law by U.S. News & World Report for 2020
- Ranked No. 15 Law School in Health Care Law Law by U.S. News & World Report for 2020
- Four tracks available: General MLS, Business, Health Care Compliance, and Technology
- Three certificates available: Business, Health Care Compliance, and Technology
- In-person immersion experience in Washington, D.C.
- Those who choose the Health Care Compliance track may be eligible to earn an additional certificate accredited by the Compliance Certificate Board (CCB).
Online MLS — Earn an Industry-Specific Certificate
American University Washington College of Law was founded in 1896 by Ellen Spencer Mussey and Emma Gillett at a time when women were largely excluded from the legal profession. With the online Master of Legal Studies program, the College of Law is honoring its founders’ legacies by delivering a high-quality legal education that empowers professionals to use their legal prowess to give back to their community.
The program is designed for non-lawyers who could benefit from fundamental legal training but do not want to become practicing attorneys. Students participate in live online classes where they collaborate with faculty and learn legal procedures and concepts that can enhance their ability to perform their job.
The curriculum focuses on legal topics such as compliance, health care law, cyber law, and business law to help prepare students to apply legal skills across a variety of industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureChoose the MLS Track Best for Your Career
- General MLS
- Health Care Compliance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Legal Studies View 28 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Work Experience
- Current Resume
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Letter of Recommendation
- Interview (by invitation only)
- Application Fee & Enrollment Deposit
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International244080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2034 USD per credit during 12 months.
National244080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2034 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.