The Early Childhood Education programme of the Dublin City University is designed for those working to enhance children's learning and development, in the age range from birth to six years across the full diversity of early childhood settings, including the early years of primary school.
It will be of interest to professionals who have a desire to lead early childhood education, in particular:
- Early childhood educators working with babies, toddlers and/or young children
- Teachers working with children in Early Start units and the early years (junior and senior infants) of primary school
- Personnel involved in mentoring, inspecting and/or the leadership and management of early childhood settings and advocacy
- Educators who wish to further develop their expertise in early childhood education in relation to content knowledge, research, policy and practice
The Master of Education in Early Childhood Education is intended for those who wish to make a significant contribution to the enhancement of professional practice and/or policy development in early childhood education.
Graduates will acquire advanced knowledge and skills and afford further career opportunities in a variety of contexts, for example:
- Early childhood agencies and committees
- Government organisations and departments
- Educational management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum and Pedagogy in Early Childhood Education
- Leading and Mentoring for Professional Practice
- Children's Participation in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Contesting Current Discourses in Early Childhood Education and Care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
All entry requirements should be met before the commencement of the programme.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 9 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Dublin City University and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The minimum entry requirement is a Level 8 award with a minimum of a H2.2.
- In general, applicants will have degrees in education, early childhood education or studies, education and training, or other related and cognate fields, and two years’ experience in setting(s) supporting children from birth to six years, which may be post or prior to their Level 8 award.
- Recognition of prior learning/transfer/exemption procedures apply.
- Students on the programme will need to have access to an early childhood setting or an Infant classroom.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.