The Education programme of the Dublin City University is a two year part time programme. In the first year students undertake three core modules and three modules in their chosen special option. In the second year of the programme students undertake a thesis with the support of a supervising tutor.
The Master of Education programme combines educational theory and applied studies and assists learners in the development of up-to-date knowledge in a chosen area of specialisation and beyond.
The programme incorporates current educational thinking and the most effective pedagogical practices within a wide range of contemporary educational issues.
The key focus of the programme is that it offers students an opportunity to develop expertise in a chosen field, to critically reflect on your own practice and thinking, while also engaging with educational research and theory. It provides a grounding in research methodology and contemporary educational issues.
The on-going commitment is to provide our students with the highest academic standards in teaching, learning and research, while supporting and fostering differing learning styles and needs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Thinking: Design and Build to Lear
- Gaming to Learn
- Confronting Change: Designing for “Deep Learning” in the 21st Century
- Leadership in Science Education
- Creative Pedagogy
- Current Issues in Science Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 36 other Masters in Teaching in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Dublin City University and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates are required to have a Level 8, Lower Second Class Honors Degree, minimum H2.2. Candidates may be interviewed for places.
- International candidates are expected to have educational qualifications of a standard equivalent to those outlined above. In addition, where such candidates are non-native speakers of the English language they must satisfy the university of their competency in the English language.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.