The Arctic Art and Design programme from University of Lapland is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Centre of Economic Development, Transport and the Environment. The content is designed to harness the potential of service design and applied visual arts in social, community or business contexts. Service design and applied visual arts are used by our students to work with clients and community groups to identify problems and create solutions - It’s creative collaboration.
The degree aims to develop:
- professional expertise at the intersection of art and design practice
- competence in interdisciplinary working with business and community groups
- advanced skills in project design and management
- research and evaluation skills in art and design
Due to the focus on art and design skills coupled with practical project experience in interdisciplinary settings, a wide range of career options are open to graduates, for example:
- project management in the creative industries
- educational project working
- independent creative consultancy
- environmental art in partnership
- public art
- community-based art
- education (adult and community based)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research for Designers
- Participatory Design and Interactive Prototypes
- Project Management
- Arctic Art and Design Project
- Entrepreneur Studies
- Master's Thesis and Seminar
- Space, Time and Place Workshop
- Art and Environment Design
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible you must have:
- a first-cycle degree (usually BA degree) in visual arts, design, media or architecture OR
- a bachelor’s degree from another field of study containing the minimum of 60 credits in visual arts, design, media or architecture
- a good command of English language for academic purposes
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- The fees are applicable to new master’s degree students from outside the EU or EEA countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.