In today's society, the information network plays a vital role in the circulation and use of knowledge and information, to which traditional paper books, materials, and academic literature have made significant contributions. The importance and the emphasis of information in multi-media forms is increasing.
While the information network has become a place similar to a huge library, from which we can obtain knowledge and information, we must also develop other new library functions to allow us to find precisely information we require from a large pool of unprocessed data in the information network. The Library and Information Studies program is offered at The University of Tsukuba.
- The program conducts a wide range of interdisciplinary research on information and media as the fundamental technologies for all academic fields.
- These researches include such features as an approach dealing with the contents of information and an approach from the users' viewpoints, place strong emphasis on kansei (feelings).
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The master’s program carries out examination in July.
- The master's program accepts students from diverse academic fields, regardless of their college of origin or undergraduate specialty, and the doctoral program accepts students from diverse academic fields, regardless of their major in the master's program.
- The graduate school recruits students with a strong desire to study and perform research, regardless of their field, personal history, age, or nationality.
International4103 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4103 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4103 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4103 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tsukuba
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.