In this interdisciplinary Industrial Ecology program at University of Victoria, British Columbia, you’ll work with experts in engineering, science, business and more. You'll learn to develop sustainable systems to support people, places and the planet.
In our MEng program, we emphasize research-intensive, sustainability-focused and interdisciplinary work. You’ll graduate with a deeper understanding of the complexities of sustainable development, including the influences of economic, political and regulatory factors. In your final term, you’ll undertake a graduate project in industrial ecology.
Areas of focus
- Sustainability science and assessment
- Deep decarbonization
- Sustainable cities
- Circular economies
Four core courses
- Industrial Metabolism and Global Environmental Change
- Industrial Symbiosis and Recycling Technologies
- Urban Metabolism and Sustainable Cities
- Methods, Tools and Data for Industrial Ecology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Ecology View 61 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Canada
- Typically, applicants hold an undergraduate degree in engineering. However, students with backgrounds in science, geography, environmental studies, business or economics may also be eligible.
- The minimum requirement for admission to the MEng program is a B+ average – or a grade point average of 6.0 on the University of Victoria scale of 9.0 – during the last two years of the student’s university work.
- Currently, the minimum acceptable TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score for the program is 575 on the paper-based test or 90 on the Internet-based test. The minimum score for each section is Writing: 20; Speaking: 20; Reading: 20; Listening: 20. The minimum acceptable IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score is 6.5.
International25000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National18000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.