The Georesources and Petroleum Engineering master’s program from Chulalongkorn University, is designed for students holding either a B.Eng. or B.Sc. in related disciplines. The program will serve both academic and industrial demands for highly competent engineers who can conduct both scientific and engineering investigations to solve various problems related to mineral and petroleum resources as well as resources recovery and recycling.
Each year, our graduates obtain positions in related government agencies, universities as well as research institutes, consultancy, oil and gas business, mining operations, and resources management section. The job responsibilities are varied depending on the chosen discipline of each student. Job locations can also vary among offshore, onshore, mining areas, urban areas and could be either in Thailand or aboard.
- Mining Engineering: a branch of engineering discipline focusing on thorough life-cycle extraction for sustainable development of georesources; which covers from appraisal of mineral deposit, mineral reserve estimation, planing and execution of mineral exploitation as well as planing for environmental controls and planing for post-mining land uses.
- Resources Recycling Engineering: a branch of engineering discipline focusing on life-cycle approach for resource efficiency; concerning both primary resources (i.e. mineral resources extracted from mining activities) and secondary resources (i.e. wastes), which is so-called urban mining.
- Petroleum Engineering: a branch of engineering discipline connecting with the subsurface activities related to the production of hydrocarbons, either crude oil or natural gas.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 18 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Thailand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Statement of purpose;
- A copy of identification card/passport;
- A 1-inch-color picture of the applicant;
- Minimum CUTEP score of 45* or equivalent English test scores from accepted institutions (TOEFL, IELTS). Visit the Chulalongkorn University Academic Testing Center’s website for details;
- Three letters of recommendation; and
- A certified copy of the transcript.
International5510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2755 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Bangkok
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.