The Department of Economics and the School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering at the University of Essex have created a joint Economics with Data Analytics course that allows you to develop the economic and computational tools to not just isolate problems but also develop sophisticated evidence-based answers.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn the essentials of economics, so you can build a grounding to analyse economic problems, you will then build on this knowledge with programming skills. We combine these two approaches in a series of applications that allow you to access and process big data using advanced econometrics and also apply computational techniques to questions of financial economics and macroeconomics.
- After completing your MSc Economics with Data Analytics at the University of Essex with us, you may wish to extend your knowledge with a research degree –many Essex graduates decide to stay here for further study.
- Alternatively, you may choose to initiate your professional career. Our course will prepare you for employment; recent surveys have shown that higher degree graduates are more likely to obtain jobs at professional or managerial level. Our recent Master’s level Economics and CSEE graduates have gone on to work for a range of high-profile organisations like The Bank of England and the International Monetary Fund.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Time Series Econometrics
Applications of Data Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Data Science & Big Data View 573 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A degree with an overall 2.2 in a discipline related to economics such as: Economics, Maths, Engineering, Finance, Physics or any other degree with a strong maths component.
- The Degree should contain some economics components including Macroeconomics; Microeconomics or Econometrics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13030 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fee: £6,515
- International fee: £10,175
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.