Mathematics and Applications from Universidade Nova de Lisboa offers three specialization profiles: Actuarial, Statistics and Operational Research (ASOR), Financial Mathematics (FM) and Pure Mathematics (PM).
The versatility of training in mathematics allows access to any company in the
- Industrial Sector,
- Public Services and Service Companies,
- Transport and Communications,
- Banks and Insurance,
- Consultants and Rating Companies,
- Health and Social Security,
- Public Administration, and
- Research Laboratories.
- Pure Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics
- Actuarial Science,
- Operations Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st phase: 17th to 28th february
- 2nd phase: 18th june to 22nd july
DisciplinesMathematics Financial Mathematics Actuarial Science View 11 other Masters in Mathematics in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To have a bachelor degree or a formal equivalent in the areas of Exact Science, Engineering, Finance, Management or Economics with background in Mathematics.
- To have a foreign bachelor degree, in the areas mentioned above, according to the principles of the Bologna Process and from a state where this Process was adopted.
- To have a foreign university level degree, in the areas mentioned above, with the level of a Bachelor degree recognized by the Scientific Council of FCT NOVA.
- To have an academic, scientific or professional profile, recognized by the FCT NOVA as appropriate for the Master programme.
- Possible interview
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.