Biomaterials and NanoMedicine from Universidade Nova de Lisboa is a unique course in Portugal and with unusual characteristics in the international context. It aims at training masters students with advanced multidisciplinary knowledge in the fields of Materials with Biomedical applications and Nanotechnologies for the processing of materials and production of devices with applications to Biomedicine.
Masters in Biomaterials and NanoMedicine acquire a unique set of knowledge and skills that makes them essential both in research groups dedicated to these areas and in industries with high economic impact to meet the need for a developing market with exponential innovation, like: medical devices, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and bio-synthetic tissues and organs industries.
- Biomaterials or Nanomedicine
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st phase: 17th to 28th february
- 2nd phase: 18th june to 22nd july
DisciplinesBiomedicine Materials Science & Engineering Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 11 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Universidade Nova de Lisboa and/or in Portugal, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Holders of a 1st degree (licenciado or legal equivalent) in the areas of Engineering Sciences, Exact Sciences or Natural Sciences;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree conferred after a 1st cycle of studies organized in the above areas, in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this Process;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, in those areas, that is recognized as meeting the objectives of the degree of licenciado by the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized by the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology, under proposal of the Scientific Committee of the programme, as testifying the ability to carry out this programme.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.