Civil Engineering - Structures and Geotechnics from Universidade Nova de Lisboa promotes the development of the necessary skills in tasks of analysis, design, and assessment of structures under conventional and severe environmental loading conditions. Importance is attributed to professional aspects covered by the new European regulations, the ability to work as a team and respect for ethical and deontological standards.
Professional opportunities include positions in civil engineering construction companies, firms in civil engineering projects and geotechnical engineering, participation in planning studies and environmental impact of large engineering works, research and academic institutions or create their own start-ups.
Graduates will be qualified to participate in studies of seismic risk, design and rehabilitation of civil and industrial structures, design of bridges and dams, containment of soil, tunnels, embankments, port infrastructure and works lacking the training provided at this Masters.
- Dynamics of Structures
- Steel and Composite Structures
- Structural and Geotechnical Project
- Topics on Structures and Geotechnics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st phase: 17th to 28th february
- 2nd phase: 18th june to 22nd july
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture View 3 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of Bachelor or MSc degree in Civil Engineering or related areas of Exact Sciences or Engineering, to be defined by the Department Council of DEC, FCT-UNL;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree awarded after a 1st cycle of study, organized in accordance with the principles of the Bologna process, in the areas of (1);
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of the Bachelor's degree by the Scientific Council of the FCT-UNL, in the areas of (1);
- Holders of a curriculum that is recognized as attesting capacity to carry out this study cycle by the Scientific Council of the FCT-UNL, on proposal from the Department Council of DEC.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.