The Financial Technology (Finance) at the University of Essex is perfect for those with a basic understanding of coding, economics or finance. If you are particularly looking to work in the financial services sector, especially in parts of the sector that are concerned with developing and growing new technologies for use in finance, then this could be the course for you.MSc Financial Technology (Finance) at the University of Essex explores the new and innovative technologies that are currently being used and developed to advance the financial services sector. This includes exploring:
- blockchain technologies
- machine learning
- artificial intelligence
- application programming interfaces
Many of our graduates enjoy careers in financial analysis, management, public administration and accountancy at some of the world’s most well-known organisations and exciting SMEs, including:
- Groupon, a global e-commerce marketplace
- KPMG Group, a multinational professional services network
- Right Freight Pvt Ltc, an independent freight forwarder
- Copal Partners, a financial consultation agency
- Capital Markets Intelligence, a financial publisher
- Credit Data Research, a business funder
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Market Microstructure for FinTech and the Digital Economy
- Big Data in Finance
- Financial Technology and Innovation (Fintech)
- Corporate Finance
- Derivative Securities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Business Information Systems View 60 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a 2.2 (or equivalent) degree in Finance or a related discipline such as Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other quantitative discipline. The degree should contain components relating to mathematics (calculus), quantitative finance/methods or econometrics (probability, statistics).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13030 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.