International Development at Pompeu Fabra University aims to provide students with a comprehensive set of analytical skills, robust training in research methods, and a thorough understanding of key issues such as global governance and development, economic growth and sustainability, conflict over limited resources, new emerging powers and social movements, and ongoing trends in inequalities in livings standards.
The Master's programme in International Development at the Pompeu Fabra University combines theory and practice and provides students with both academic rigour and policy relevance.IBEI’s teaching model is organized around lectures, seminars and small tutorials. Modules are capped and candidates are expected to actively participate in the form of presentations, group work and assignment writing. In addition, students are assigned a personal tutor and their progress is monitored throughout the academic year.
- Growth Models and Development Strategies
- Governance, National and Global Institutions
- Research Methods in International Development
- Programme Evaluation in Development
- International Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 34 other Masters in Political Science in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pompeu Fabra University and/or in Spain, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants are required to have a good undergraduate degree or its international equivalent, of at least six semesters, in the field of social sciences (political sciences, international relations, economics or equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher education either in Spain or abroad. If you are applying with a degree from the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), a minimum of 180 ECTS is required.
International11400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11400 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA11400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11400 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.