Chemical Engineering for Industrial Sustainability at University of Catania is fully open to admission of students holding bachelor title in: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Chemistry.For the students holding different titles a Commission will evaluate each case to grant the permission to enroll. Enrollment of foreign students is welcome and encouraged.
The master's degree course in Chemical Engineering for Industrial Sustainability at University of Catania aims to train engineers able to design and manage chemical technologies (in particular in the chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental, and new materials sectors) through the development of sustainable physico-chemical approaches or, if needed, by operating traditional and novel processes reducing the use and generation of hazardous substances.
Students at Chemical Engineering for Industrial Sustainability at University of Catania will have the ability to:
- To apply the knowledge basic disciplines to technical problems, also of scientific relevance, of high complexity and of multi-disciplinary character;
- To formalize and solve complex technical problems and to formulate innovative solutions;
- To design and manage traditional and innovative processes through the knowledge acquired in the course;
- To operate and conduct autonomously and safely plants and production sites as well as being able to communicate and relate within technical and productive organizations.
- Mechanical engineering
- Materials science and technologies
- Transport phenomena for chemical engineering
- Industrial chemestry and technologies
- Sustainable energy systems
- Technologies for enviromental protection
- Control of chemical processes
- Systems eco-friendly design for innovative processes
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first level degree in classes 10-21 (ex DM 509/99) or in classes; L-9 (Industrial Engineering) and L 27 (Chemical Sciences and Technologies); (DM 270/04).
- A university qualification obtained in Italy or abroad deemed suitable by the Degree Program Board, which expresses its opinion on the compliance of the curriculum with the contents, in terms of contents, of the Study Program Regulations. of preparation
- Admission tests and methods of verifying the adequacy of preparation
- Copy of passport
- Copy of bachelor's degree certificate or registration certificate attesting the expected graduation date
- Letter of reference
- Curriculum vitae in English
- English language qualification
- Statement of purpose
International306 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Catania
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.