The Electrical Engineering course at University of Catania is articulated giving great emphasis to the characterizing topics (Electrotechnics, Electrical Systems, Electric Machines, Electrical Measures). In these courses, the students learn and strengthen the knowledge about the electromagnetic fields and circuits, operation of machines and electrical systems, materials for electrical engineering, planning and operation of electrical energy systems, electronic and laboratory instrumentation, power electronics, industrial automation. In many course lessons, a significant part of the lesson is devoted to practical and laboratory experiences (especially in design-devoted courses), so that the student can consolidate the theoretical knowledge gained through tests and experiments.
Those who will be graduated in the Master Degree in Electrical Engineering will learn how:
- formulating mathematical models of components and / or processes for the production, transmission and use of electrical energy;
- to analyze complex problems in the field of electrical engineering and to formulate innovative solutions;
- to develop projects of electrical plants both in industrial and civil fields, also using the methodologies of the automation;
- to design and use power electronics converters, machines and electrical drives;
- to design and supervise the realization of systems for the generation of electrical energy from both conventional and alternative sources;
- to be able to work as a team in order to design systems that require a multidisciplinary approach.
- Candidates for the Master Degree in Electrical Engineering will have to test their skills by writing a thesis to be carried out autonomously, following the tutor directives, which may cover topics of a theoretical or applicative nature within the disciplines characterizing the Master.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 15 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- enhance international activities communication through a more attractive web site and the creation of university of Catania profile in the most important social networks;
- increase the educational offer in English language, thanks to the activation of new courses and the creation of “course packages”, useful for incoming students in the creation of their learning agreements;
- reinforce English language courses in all degree courses in order to boost students’ linguistic competencies and let them be more competitive within the international job market;
- enlarge the number of agreements with European countries and in particular with France, United Kingdom, Germany and North European countries;
Living costs for Catania
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.