At Geoarchaeology from University of Brighton you will develop your skills in research methodology, data collection and analysis, and geoarchaeological techniques. You’ll study depositional environments and sedimentology, fundamental in understanding the distribution, accessibility and preservation of archaeological sites and artefacts, and the foundation upon which all palaeoenvironmental reconstruction is based.
The Geoarchaeology MRes intends to maximise both your personal and professional potential, and in particular provides a foundation for careers in research, with a route to further study through a PhD, as well as industry and academia.
On course completion, you will be equipped with practical research-based training, plus the necessary transferable skills to prepare you for career progression.
- Policy and Implementation in Town Planning
- Sustainable Urbanism in Coastal Communities
- Sustainable Construction
- Issues in Ecology and Conservation
- Advanced Taxonomy and Survey Skills
- Microbiology, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Remediation
- Applications in GIS
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesArchaeology Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 74 other Masters in Geology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Brighton and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 degree in a relevant subject. Students with a degree that does not fall within this category but who have significant relevant experience, will also be considered.
- All applicants should provide a full description of any research projects undertaken, relevant work experience and non-academic qualifications.
International15461 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15461 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7866 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7866 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.