Clinical Education from University of Brighton is flexible in that it offers two entry routes, choices for modular study and appropriate academic targets.
Those who have already completed either the BSMS Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education (or equivalent, if APL requested) or the BSMS Postgraduate Certificate in Simulation Studies, may enter at Postgraduate Diploma Level. These participants would then successfully complete a further three 20-credit optional modules to achieve a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Education (120 M level credits). Normally these modules would be completed part-time within one academic year.
This course provides health professionals with a firm base to underpin their role as medical educators.
This course provides an ideal vehicle for participants to pursue an appropriate level of study for their educational commitments and in this national context, should help them in career development.
Any clinician wishing to take a professional approach to their postgraduate studies in medical or clinical education would be strongly recommended to consider this new course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Development in the Workplace
- Interprofessional Education in the Clinical Context
- Models of Expertise
- Simulation in the Clinical Education
- Assessment in Clinical Education
- Current Research & Innovations in Clinical Education
- Clinical Communication – Approaches to Teaching & Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Open to UK applicants only (and EU applicants who are appointed to a post within HEEKSS)
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Health Sciences View 896 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Program is open to health professionals who will normally have completed a Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education or Simulation in Clinical Practice at BSMS, or the equivalent from other institutions.
- It is expected that teaching will form a significant element in your professional role.
- This course is open to UK applicants only (and EU applicants who are appointed to a post within HEEKSS).
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
PGDip - UK £6,168
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.