The project at the architectural, urban and territorial scale, feeds – as a central discipline – on contributions from theory and history, sociology and economy, construction, study of structures, applied physics in building, visual arts and diverse forms of illustration and modelling.
A solid and methodical theoretical, scientific and applied training at the Bachelor’s level is followed during the Architecture Master’s studies by an in-depth approach to questions linked to issues currently at stake: preservation of the environment, promotion of sustainable development, energy-wise optimization of constructions, use of new materials, need to keep under control production costs and anticipation of the socio-economic impact of decisions taken during planning.
Moreover, architecture students at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne enjoy exceptional logistical and tutoring conditions: an individual workspace in the workshops; an IT infrastructure that includes computers and a plotter room; a modelling workshop equipped with several machines; a library with free access to all collections, and – last but not least – the necessary support and advisory staff.
- Architecture in the age of acceleration
- Architecture of the Russian avant-garde
- Familiar horror-critical history of domestic space B
- Magma et principes
- Political economy of design
- Swiss cooperative housing: a critical overview
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae).
- Copy of your University degree(s), if already available.
- Complete transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose. See below for a detailed explanation.
- Your identity card or passport.
- Extra documents, such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications, or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory.
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR per semester during 24 months.
CHF 730 per semester
Living costs for Lausanne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.