Join the Environmental Science and Engineering programme at Southwest University of Science and Technology.
Currently, the School offers a PhD programme which focuses on Environmental Biological Effects and Repair, as part of the wider field of study of Environmental Science and Engineering. The School also offers students the opportunity to study the discipline of Botany, which is an extremely important subject in Sichuan Province. Moreover, the School is authorised to award academic degrees to students who have completed: first-level study in Biology; a first-level master’s degree in Chemistry Engineering and Technology; and a professional master’s degree in Agriculture and Chemical Engineering. Bachelor’s degrees at the School are available in seven major subjects as follows: Agronomy (this subject is highly ranked in Sichuan as it develops excellent agriculture and forestry skills); Food Science and Engineering (which is also considered to be an excellent subject in Sichuan Province);Pharmaceutical Engineering (also an excellent subject in Sichuan Province); Biological Engineering (a pilot subject which is being taught as part of a range of major reforms across Sichuan Province); Biotechnology; Horticulture; and Animal Science.
The School has established scientific research platforms such as the Sichuan Province Engineering Research Centre for Biomass Resource Utilisation and Modification; the Sichuan Province Agricultural Biomass Resources Recycling Collaborative Innovation Centre; the Key Laboratory of the Biological Effects of Nuclear Radiation; and the Sichuan Provincial Department of Education’s Operations.
The School has made great advancements in scientific research and has received a total of more than 50 awards at provincial level and above, including four national awards. Over 50 crop varieties from the School have received national approval and six types of rice and wheat were validated by the National Crop Variety Approval Committee. In the past five years, the School has undertaken over 200 initiatives of various sizes, including the National 863 Project; the State-Supporting Project; and the National Natural Science Fund Project. and an additional 17 others. Collectively, these initiatives generated a revenue of around 26 million yuan for the School.
- The School works to ensure that the research undertaken by its staff is reflected in their teaching and promotes collaborative innovation both amongst staff within the university itself and with staff outside of it.
- Together with Sichuan Agricultural University, the Chengdu Institute of Biology and of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Sichuan Academy of Agricultural Sciences, the Tie Qi Li Shi Group, the Sichuan Jinfu Modern Agriculture Co., the Xi Ke Seed Co. and other enterprises, the School has established collaborative innovation forum which undertakes scientific research and delivers training for its members.
- The forum cultivates academic, compound and application-oriented skills. The School itself has supported its students to make great achievements in scientific and technological areas. In the national college students’ ‘Challenge Cup’ competition, the School won four national awards and 12 provincial awards.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Environmental Sciences View 46 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holding a Bachelor's degree.
- Good grades, behave normally and be healthy.
- 18-35 years old.
- English language proficiency certificate.
International3255 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3255 EUR per year during 24 months.
- RMB 25,000 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.