Working closely with global experts and established industry contributors, students develop their design skills within a framework of informed originality and excellence in practice. This approach brings together problem-solving for contemporary applications, contextual knowledge, sound professional judgement, and a reflective attitude to design exploration.The Communication Design - Graphic Design degree is offered by the University of Reading.
MA Communication Design integrates shared elements of study and pathway-specific elements. These pathways allow for specialisation and a deeper engagement with Communication Design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The practical module for the Communication Design pathway combines elements of publications and editorial design, including on digital content platforms, with user-centred design, and a solid background in typography. Students work on projects that span text-intensive applications such as editorial design, wide-platform applications such as branding projects, and user-centred design such as application design.
- The module situates practical work within the context of a rapidly evolving technological environment in communication design, and with sensitivity to the patterns of development in the field in different geographic areas. Students are encouraged to develop an awareness of the impact of technology, and changes in social conditions globally, and integrate an awareness of evolving issues of inclusion and diversity in their work.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesDesign Communication Sciences Graphic Design View 147 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
- Full transcripts of all degree programmes taken. If these are not in English, a certified translation into English is required.
- An English language certificate (for example IELTS or TOEFL)
- Contact details for two academic/professional references.
- Statement of purpose.
- A copy of your passport (for international students).
Living costs for Reading
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.