In the MSc Finance and FinTech programme, you will specialise in digital banking and payment systems, Python programming and finance applications of machine learning algorithms. The Finance and Financial Technology (FinTech) degree is offered by the University of Reading.
The advances in financial technology have brought about transformational changes in many branches of the finance industry. The introduction of blockchain technology and digital currencies have created a revolution in payment systems. It has also generated widespread disintermediation via peer-to-peer lending and crowdfunding for firms, and online stockbroking and robo-advisory services for individual investors. Many of these innovations are based on the processing of large amounts of data (or “Big Data”) via machine learning algorithms.
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Financial Markets
- Securities, Futures and Options
- Digital Banking and Payment System
- Fundamentals of Financial Markets
- Programming for Fintech (Python)
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 117 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Reading and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Full transcripts of all degree programmes taken. If these are not in English, a certified translation into English is required.
- An English language certificate (for example IELTS or TOEFL)
- Contact details for two academic/professional references.
- Statement of purpose.
- A copy of your passport (for international students).
International25300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25300 GBP per year during 9 months.
National17600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17600 GBP per year during 9 months.
Living costs for Reading
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.