Although Memorial University of Newfoundland’s Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Applied Statistics has offered graduate degrees for many years, the past decade has seen an explosion of interest in these programs, adding invaluable new voices to the Department's community of researchers.
Among the research areas studied by our faculty and graduate students are the following: Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computation, Analysis, Combinatorics, Topology, Applied Statistics, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, Mathematical Models and Modeling / Numerical Optimization, Algebra, Mathematical Physics, Mathematical Statistics, and Fluid Mechanics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Applied Statistics is a highly structured program incorporating both courses and an applied statistics project. A full-time student normally requires one year to complete the degree requirements. This program accepts new students only in the Fall semester.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics View 55 other Masters in Mathematics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1074 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 826 CAD per semester during 12 months.
- National: $826-$1,239/semester
- International: $1,074-$1,611/semester
Living costs for St. John's
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.