As part of a vibrant research community, students of Immunology and Infectious Diseases will receive training in IID through biomedical laboratory research, coursework, seminars and an annual BioMedicine research symposium, along with other opportunities for professional development on campus.
Memorial University of Newfoundland's Faculty of Medicine supports a visiting speaker program, teaching assistant (TA) opportunities, internal awards and scholarships, administrative staff support and the Office of Research & Graduate Studies dedicated to medicine graduate student matters. The Health Sciences Library is located in the Health Sciences Centre, adjacent to the Faculty of Medicine
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MSc (Med) is thesis-based and designed to be completed in two years of full-time study. Students accepted to the program who surpass minimum academic requirements and are enrolled in full-time studies in the Faculty of Medicine are granted a minimum stipend for two years. Students will generally complete required coursework within the first year and execute the majority of their research thesis preparation in the second year of their degree.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 251 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1074 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 826 CAD per semester during 12 months.
- National: $826-$1,239/semester
- International: $1,074-$1,611/semester
Living costs for St. John's
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.