Nursing Studies (Mental Health) Pre-registration from Teesside University prepares you to be a confident and competent skilled practitioner and, ultimately, demonstrate your ability to lead and manage the care of individuals and their families. This course develops resilient and future-ready nurses who hold strong professional values, are able to exercise clinical judgement, challenge inequality, champion diversity and uphold the integrity of the profession whilst delivering high-quality, person-centred compassionate care.
A diverse range of career opportunities are available within the NHS and private sectors in the UK and overseas. This course provides a stepping stone from which you can develop your expertise. You have the opportunity to explore future career and academic development opportunities including becoming an NMC professional registrant, plus possible progression to becoming a non-medical prescriber, an advanced practitioner, alumni member or graduate researcher. Progression to doctoral studies may also be considered on completing this course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Partnership in Care – Valuing the Experts by Experience
- Biopsychosocial Assessment and Decision Making in Mental Health Nursing
- Contemporary Public Health in Nursing Practice
- Developing a Skilled and Compassionate Mental Health Nurse
- Leading Innovative Evidence-Based Nursing
- The Integrated Evidence-based Decision Making in Mental Health Nursing
- 25 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 264 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
- You must produce a portfolio of evidence which confirms that you have a minimum of 500 hours of appropriate healthcare experience, either paid or voluntary.
- a minimum of two GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English language and maths. Key Skills/Functional Skills Level 2 in Communication and Application of Number can be accepted in place of GCSEs
- a degree with a 2:2 classification or above within the last five years.
- International applicants must have a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 in reading, listening and speaking (or equivalent) in line with the University English language policy that equates to overall IELTS 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing before an unconditional offer is made.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 25 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 25 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.