Awareness of trauma and the impact it has on physical and mental health, school experience and educational outcomes affects us all, directly or indirectly. In response to this knowledge, our MA Trauma-Informed Practice (Education) gives you a comprehensive understanding of this topic which can be applied in practice to a variety of workplaces and settings, and makes you a confident, critical, creative, adaptable, articulate and aspiring professional.
Content includes early childhood development and how this is impacted by adversity and trauma, ways in which we can mitigate and ameliorate this, and opportunities to apply this knowledge through topical and relevant practice-focused assessments. You focus on a particular aspect of trauma-related practice that will be of value to your professional development.
Career opportunitiesYou develop a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and a range of new skills which will enable you to apply what you have learnt effectively in the workplace. This expertise could lead to greater specialisation and more senior roles with the profession.Successful completion of the Education (Trauma Informed Practice) course from Teesside University could lead to progress onto the Doctorate of Education and PhD study.
- Helping Traumatised Children Learn
- Supporting Frontline Workers and Carers
- Trauma-informed Practice Dissertation
- Trauma-informed Research Methods
- Understanding Childhood Trauma
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 974 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 at undergraduate degree level and experience of working with children.
- For non-standard entry, if you can demonstrate suitable significant experience and/or further study you may be considered for the programme, and asked to attend an informal interview.
- A written record of the informal interview will be kept to provide evidence of particular recommendations.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time Fee for UK applicants £680 for each 20 credits
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.