At Practical Philosophy from University of Roehampton you will explore philosophical debates on topics such as the relationship between law and morality, the ethics of animal experimentation, the operation of ideology, and the nature of class, gender, and race. Our core modules have student-led syllabi, with readings selected by each class to reflect their own interests, so that you can concentrate on the topics that really matter to you.
Philosophy graduates go on to have careers in a wide variety of fields, including law, journalism, the Civil Service, academia, politics, technology, education, and publishing.
- Practical Philosophy: Concepts and Methods
- Issues in Practical Philosophy: Political and Legal Philosophy
- Issues in Practical Philosophy: Ethical and Social Philosophy
- Dissertation/Independent Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- National students deadlines - 28 September
- If you are an international student, you should apply as soon as possible.
- MA 180
- PGDip 120
- PGCert 60
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Philosophy & Ethics View 645 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- You should usually hold a second-class honours degree (certain programmes may require a 2:1) from a recognised British or overseas university.
- Language requirements
- International Baccalaureate
- European Baccalaureate English
International16260 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16260 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.