The Global Learning Futures course offered by University of East London will develop skills that promote and enable innovation and enterprise opportunity in projects and organisations, by integrating the domains of teaching and learning, arts-based creative practice, project development and design thinking, organisational learning, business and enterprise, entrepreneurial practice, and creative project leadership, through applied practice-led research and development.
This programme is designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Develop and apply skills in designing, facilitating and leading interdisciplinary learning innovation projects
- Develop reflexive learning capacity: skills in developing adaptability, agility and awareness through reflection, meta-cognition and modelling processes
- Develop and apply knowledge and understanding of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary theories, principles and practices in learning.
- Develop and apply research skills, through collaboration within a transdisciplinary learning ecosystem.
- Capture and disseminate praxis in learning design and innovation through the authoring of interactive portfolios.
The philosophy of the course supports perpetual learners in developing perpetual learning organisations, for education (primary, secondary, tertiary), community and social-engaged projects, creative arts practitioners working in diverse social, cultural settings, and for business professionals and entrepreneurs.
You will develop and share expertise in transferring and leveraging knowledge and skills for different contexts, to create coherence and value with multidimensional impact, in order to meet the complex challenges of the 21st century. The course will be offered full-time, part-time or micro-credentialed module-by-module.
This course is available as an MA, MFA or an MEd. Please see below for breakdown of options:MA
1-year course with a focus on researching, developing and implementing an interdisciplinary learning project or curriculum initiative with measurable impact within a project environment (e.g. Learning organisation, arts organisation, business enterprise and innovation, design-oriented organisation, social-engaged project context).
- 6 modules = 180 Credits at Level 7
1-year course with a focus on researching, developing and implementing interdisciplinary learning projects or curriculum initiatives. The emphasis of initiatives and projects will centre on a predominantly educational context and the application of seminal and contemporary learning theories to project research and development.
- 6 modules = 180 Credits at Level 7
2-year course with a focus on researching, developing and implementing interdisciplinary learning project or curriculum initiatives in year 1 that lead to a larger-scale embedded research project in year 2. The emphasis of the larger-scale research project will integrate several interdisciplinary contexts through practice and research, applying a range of seminal and contemporary theories to project research and development from a number of relevant disciplinary domains (such as creative arts, design, innovation, business, science and technology).
- 8 modules = 360 Credits at Level 7
All qualification outcomes involve the same 6 or 8 modules.The nature of the work for each student will emanate from the context of their practice-based research.
The course can be studied Full Time (1 or 2 years), Part Time (2 or 4 years), or micro-credentialled, with a maximum limit of 8 years.
Your future career
The programme is specifically focused on developing employment, progression and development opportunities for practitioners currently embedded in a professional context, or for graduates seeking to enhance their skills and capabilities in the development of learning opportunity for individuals and organisations.For example:
- Existing teaching and learning professionals (with PGCE / CertEd qualifications) seeking to extend their individual professional role in educational leadership and innovation.
- Business and education leaders seeking to develop capacity in their organisational context for future learning: social, experiential, collaborative interdisciplinary learning.
- Arts practitioners involved in workshop or creative project delivery in a social or civically engaged context, seeking to develop and apply project development methods, and interdisciplinary learning.
- Self-employed arts, education, business practitioners or entrepreneurs seeking to develop deeper learning capacity, in creativity, design and innovation projects, with interdisciplinary scope.
- Business leaders wishing to extend the learning capacity and capability base of their organisation through creativity, design and innovation in interdisciplinary organisational learning.
Programme StructureModules included:
- Learning Futures
- Innovation, Agency and Impact
- Future Tools: Technology as Collaborator
- Creativity and Design: Principles and Practices
- Project Design, Implementation and Leadership
- Interdisciplinary Intersections
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
MA, MEd: 180 credits
MFA: 360 credits
DisciplinesEducation Project Management Management Studies View 1542 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate Honours Degree (2:1) in relevant subject areas (interdisciplinary scope – Arts, Humanities, Education, business) or PGCE / CertEd (or equivalent).
- Professional experience will also be taken into consideration through APEL (Accredited Prior Experiential Learning).
International14280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14280 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10020 GBP per year during 12 months.
- International: Year 1 - £13,860
- All: Year 2 - £6,680.
MA, MEd: Part time - £1,670 Per 30 credit module
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.