At Financial Technology (FinTech) from Teesside University you explore topics including fundamentals of software for digital innovation, big data and business intelligence, contemporary financial technology, machine learning, blockchain and cryptocurrency. You develop theoretical, technical and critical thinking skills in applying disruptive innovative technologies to financial services.
You can expect to find employment in one of the increasing number of sectors needing specialists equipped with the cutting-edge expertise in financial and digital technologies. The course provides you with directly transferable skills for a career in a range of industries in the finance sector, as well as progression opportunities to PhD research.
- Big Data and Business Intelligence
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Computing Master's Project
- Contemporary Financial Technology
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Machine Learning
- Software for Digital Innovation
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Business Intelligence & Analytics Machine Learning View 231 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Teesside University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally a 2.2 honours degree, or equivalent, in any subject area. Relevant experience may also be considered.
- You learn computational methods, data analytics, mathematics for business and basic programming, therefore a first-degree subject with significant analytical or technical elements is ideal (business, management, finance, engineering, life/physical science, computing, IT, computer games, animation, mathematics, technology).
- For other subjects, you will need to evidence an aptitude for quickly developing basic analytical skills, such as strong GCSEs in maths and science.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6695 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6695 GBP per year during 12 months.
Fee for UK applicants
- £4,335 a year with advanced practice
- Part-time: £745 for each 20 credits
Fee for international applicants
- £8,500 a year with advanced practice
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.