In the LLM International Commercial Law (Dual Qualifying - CY Cergy Paris University) from University of Dundee you will learn in two countries and be taught by renowned specialists. Dividing your time between Scotland and France, you will have the opportunity to gain two degrees. This course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to work in an international business environment.
You will spend your first semester in Dundee before completing your studies at CY Cergy Paris University (formerly Université Cergy-Pontoise), which is 30 minutes from central Paris by train. You can start in September or January, and complete your dissertation with supervision from Dundee academics over the summer months. Successful candidates graduate with the Dundee LLM and the LLM Taxation Law, Business Law and Compliance from CY Cergy Paris University.
In Dundee, you will be able to take a wide range of specialist international and comparative commercial law modules, including private international law, corporate law, corporate governance, intellectual property (IP) law, investment law, and trade law. Specific options will depend on which semester you spend with us.
At CY Cergy Paris, you will have general classes on French and EU law and specialized courses on tax law, compliance and business law.
Graduates from this course pursue careers in a wide variety of sectors including:
- legal practice
- the judiciary
- state ministries and decentralized administrations
- international organisations
- Legal Research Skills
- International Petroleum Law and Policy
- Legal Framework for International Project Finance
- International Energy Arbitration: Practical Exercises
- International Law: Transnational Legal Problems Facing Natural Resource Investments
- Private International Law of Business Transactions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 397 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- An honours degree in Law at lower second class or above
- Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who explain clearly their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.