The key to the further development of these materials lies in a detailed understanding of their quantum physical functional principles, their selective manufacturing and the characterization of their properties.
Learning outcomesYou will gain this understanding in a two-year master's program comprising research-oriented basic, advanced and final modules.The Functional Materials program at Philipps-Universität Marburg focuses on the working mechanisms of modern functional materials and provides an education with respect to their manufacturing, processing and characterization.
- The program qualifies you for work both in basic research in public and private research institutions as well as in applied research and development in industry, in the fields of nanotechnology, chemistry, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.
- Furthermore, the program fulfills the admission requirements for a later doctorate.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 86 other Masters in Physics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- First, undergraduate university degree
- Transcript of Records
- Proof of the course-specific knowledge and skills
- Documents for the aptitude assessment procedure
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The University of Marburg does not charge tuition fees. However, students do have to pay administrative fees in the amount of about 300 Euros per semester.
Living costs for Marburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.