Taking interpereters into consideration the everincreasing demand in the international business circles for multilingual conference and the international relations between Turkey and the EU, this Conference Interpreting (Non-Thesis) program from Yildiz Technical University, aims at enabling its students acquire the knowledge and skills related to interpreting. Another objective of ours is to render our students competent in terms of using the research and practice methods of interpreting effectively and thinking creatively.
Occupational Profiles Of Graduates
The graduates are expected to have acquired professional and ethical responsibility, developed the related skills for performing in market conditions, informed about quality-related issues, to be able to collect and interpret information on the domain of study, to be competent about scientifically, socially and ethically declare the results obtained accordingly, and lastly, to be aware of the national and international modern problems.
- The EU, International and National Institutions
- Consecutive Interpreting
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- Advanced Simultaneous Interpreting
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
International174 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 174 EUR per year during 12 months.
National174 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 174 EUR per year during 12 months.
1670 Turkish Liras
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.