This Translation and Interpreting Studies in French program from Yildiz Technical University, helps the students acquire the academic and scientific qualities of expertise in the following domains: translation, interpreting, information technologies and communication.
The program also offers an interdisciplinary perspective with cultural studies, sociology, poetics, psychology, history and philosophy.
Occupational Profiles Of Graduates
The graduates are expected to have acquired professional and ethical responsibility, developed the related skills for performing in market conditions, informed about quality-related issues, to be able to collect and interpret information on the domain of study, to be competent about scientifically, socially and ethically declare the results obtained accordingly, and lastly, to be aware of the national and international modern problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Genres of Translation
- Translation and the World View
- Contemporary Theories of Translation
- Interactions between Technical Translation and Terminology
- Genres of Translation
- Interactions between Translation and Society
- Translations of political sociology
- Technical Translation Criticism
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
International174 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 174 EUR per year during 24 months.
National174 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 174 EUR per year during 24 months.
1670 Turkish Liras
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.