‘Urban Conservation and Planning’ M.Sc. program from Yildiz Technical University is designed to educate qualified professionals to conserve the physical and social cultural heritage of our country within the principles of sustainability both conceptual and implementational. The Urban Conservation and Planning M.Sc. program is offering conceptual discussions such as:
- Examination of the problems occurred when the conservation concept and urban conservation areas encounter the process of urban growth and change within spatial, economic, social and legal dimensions
- Examination of the places of urban conservation areas (old city centers) and their changing roles all over the world
- Creating models by referring to these questions, as well as applied studies about the spatial problems and suggestions within an implementational perspective.
Occupational Profiles Of Graduates
Graduates of the M.Sc. program are generally employed in public and private firms and institutions. Some students also further their academic career by pursuing a Ph.D. degree in planning or related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design in the Historical Environment Principles and Methods
- Methods and Techniques for Analysis, Planning and Management of Historic Environments
- New Concepts and Approaches in Conservation of Cultural Heritage Areas
- Society, Identity and Space
- Basic Theories of Politics and Urban Conservation
- Urban Pattern And Construction Typologies Analysis
- Decision Support Systems in Urban Planning
- Design Process from Industrial Revolution to Present
- Urban Archaeology
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.