If completed successfuly and completed the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (Non-Thesis) programe competencies a Master's in Degree in Metallurgy and Materials Field will be earned.
The graduates of this programe from Yildiz Technical University, will be expected to do counseling and reseach&developing in different sectors within Metallurgy and Materials Field. Graduates can work in private sector or resume their careers academically.
- Developing and deepining the applied knowledge in the field in expertise level.
- To interpret the knowladge, to form new knowladge, to solve problems and to gain application abilities, and using these in inter-disiplinary teams.
- Solving the problems encountered in the business life using reseach techniques.
- Being able to run independant work, taking responsibility and taking the leadership in the field.
- Being able to evaluate the skills and knowladge in the field with a critical approach and directing the knowing process.
- Transfering the daily advancements in the field and own work with the support of quantitive and qualitive data to the groups outside of the field in written,oral and visual ways.
- Analysing the norms in the field and the social relationships, developing them and changing them when needed.
- Being able to use IT and communication technologies in the field with the required level of computer usage.
- When gathering, applying, interpreting and applying the datas in the field taking scientific, cultural and ethical values into consideration
- Encountered issues related to the field of social, scientific, cultural and ethical able to contribute to the solution of problems and support the development of these values, the society able to contribute to the process of becoming an information society and maintain it.
- Advanced Material Technologies for Energy
- Storage Systems
- High Technology Ceramics
- Thermodynamics of Extractive Metallurgy
- Solidification Processes
- Two Dimensional Material Technologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 23 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Turkey
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Yildiz Technical University and/or in Turkey, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.