A student from Yildiz Technical University can only be exempt from maximum four previous elective courses in which they have been successful in being a special student, transfer from another university or another master program that they no longer have an enrollment.
- Based on the foundation of his/her undergraduate chemistry proficiency, the candidate of the Analytical Chemistry programme, specializes in the same or in a different area and improves and extends his/her understanding of the field and is able to analyze and interpret information
- The ability to combine his/her advanced scientific knowledge and facility with protocols and procedures to perform studies in the field of chemistry and related fields.
- The ability to solve complex and unpredictable problems encountered in the field of chemistry and related fields by taking responsibility and generating strategic research approaches.
- The ability to successfully carry out a study, which requires specialization in the field of chemistry or related field either independently or in collaboration with other scientists using his/her analytical thinking skills.
- The ability to critically evaluate the knowledge and skills that he/she has acquired during his/her of specialization and can direct his/her own learning process.
- The candidate will be able to use his/her assimilated knowledge and problem solving skills in interdisciplinary projects.
- The ability to present up-to–date progress in the field of chemistry and related fields and his/her own work supported by quantitative and qualitative data in written, oral, or audiovisual format to groups within or outside his/her field of study.
- The ability to proficiently use computer software, information and communication technology as needed in chemistry and related fields and the capacity to interpret the results of and to apply such technology when necessary.
- The ability to follow, to communicate, and to discuss his/her knowledge in his/her area of expertise with colleagues in writing and orally in at least one foreign language.
- The capacity to be a leader in the resolution of original and interdisciplinary issues.
- Using source materials and databases the candidate is expected to be able to do research to access information.
- The candidate is trained in the collection and interpretation of data in the field of chemistry and the application and dissemination of the results and conclusions. He /she is respectful of and upholds societal, scientific, cultural, and ethical values and teaches them to others.
- Extraction and Separation with Ion Exchange Resins
- Environment Chemistry
- Disinfectants and Applications
- Combined Analytical Methods and Applications
- Quality Control in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pesticide and Pesticide Residue Amounts Analysis
- Bioanalytical Chemistry
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.