The aims of the Geotechnical Engineering programme from Yildiz Technical University, are; to provide students with theorical and applied geotechnical knowledge, to develop the analytic, critic and problem solving skills of students, and to prepare them for advanced research tasks in the field of geotechnics.
Occupational Profiles Of Graduates
Graduates of this master program are expected to build their career on consulting or research and development in the field of geotechnics. They can work either in private or public companies in the field of Civil Engineering or they can continue to their career in academia.
- Geotechnical Engineering Practice
- Geology for Engineers
- Engineering Seismology & Earthquakes
- Shallow and Deep Foundations
- Earth Structures
- Site and Soil Improvement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Geology General Engineering & Technology View 119 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Turkey
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.