This LLM International and European Electricity Markets from University of Dundee offers perspective on the issues and solutions for functioning electricity markets. You'll explore the regulation of electricity markets under international law and regional European Union law, and what lessons can be learned from this model elsewhere.
You will study models of regulating transboundary electricity flows and learn about the EU Internal Energy Market as a case study that can be applied elsewhere.
You will study the Internal Electricity Market of the European Union after the Clean Energy Package of legislation. This market spans 28 countries. You will learn about the principles of unbundling and third-party access to transmission systems, the design of a transboundary electricity market, the European regulator ACER, and consumer protection.
CEPMLP has been a global voice of energy law and policy since 1977. We are now working towards the transition to low-carbon economies worldwide. With over 6,000 postgraduate alumni from more than 50 countries, we prepare our graduates for high–profile careers in the public and private sectors.
You could go on to work in:
- transmission system operators
- the European Commission, government and ministries, and international organisations
- electricity exchanges
- energy communities
- electric car manufacturers
- law firms
- global consultancies
- Downstream Energy Law and Policy
- Legal Framework for International Project Finance
- Analytical Tools for Energy Economics
- Financial and Project Analysis of Natural Resources and Energy Ventures
- International Petroleum Law and Policy
- International Law of Natural Resources and Energy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 367 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- An honours degree in Law, Economics, Finance, Geology, Petroleum, or Mining Engineering at lower second class or above
- Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who explain clearly their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.