This BSc Infection Prevention and Control from University of Dundee has been designed to meet the needs of healthcare professionals and nurses working anywhere in the world and our flexible and interactive distance learning programme will enable you to study whenever or wherever you want.
With the pandemic of COVID-19 announced in March 2020, it has become more apparent than ever that we need to develop skills around outbreak investigation and management. This is one of many topics covered in our online course and you will be able to develop and enhance your skills in this alongside other practice areas such as:
- applied microbiology
- antimicrobial resistance
- antimicrobial stewardship
- infection prevention and control practice
We have renowned clinical experts contributing to our modules who will also support your learning alongside academic staff. As leaders in their field who are still practicing clinically, you will benefit from being able to engage and interact with them in specific modules.
On completion of this course you will have developed the knowledge and skills to enable you to practice as a specialist within the field of infection prevention and control.
Our graduates work in a variety of clinical settings locally and internationally and continue to influence practice in many ways. Through successful completion of this course some of our graduates from developing countries have been able to revise current infection prevention and control practices, and implement new ones.
- Microbiology and its Application to Practice
- Infection Prevention and Control in Practice
- Work Based Skills and Innovative Practice (SCQF Level 9)
- Work Based Skills and Innovative Practice (SCQF Level 10)
- Developing Academic Skills for Practice
- Project Module
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Health Sciences View 476 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This course is for nurses, midwives and other professionals in health and social care contexts such as the voluntary sector, managers, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), physiotherapists, and nutritionists.
- You will need to have achieved 120 credits at SCQF level 7, and 120 credits at level 8 (or equivalent) which is normally demonstrated by your professional qualification.
International41800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20900 GBP per semester during 36 months.
National41800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20900 GBP per semester during 36 months.
- fees per 120 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.