At a Glance
The research in the Scandinavian Studies programme of the University of Aberdeen explores early Scandinavia, Vikings, and Old Norse language and literature.
We also collaborate across disciplines and Schools to offer joint supervision in archaeological and other projects.
Before starting the online application, applicants must email a potential supervisor to discuss their proposed research project.
If you are unable to commit to full-time study on campus there are also part-time and distance-learning opportunities.
- Old Norse-Icelandic Literature and Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- You are welcome to apply up to 18 months before your preferred start date. Actual start dates will be confirmed in the admissions documentation.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 413 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Aberdeen and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in an appropriate field, or equivalent. It is preferable that you hold a Masters in the chosen area of study as well.
- Copies of your undergraduate and graduate degree certificates
- Academic transcripts for your undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Two academic references; either the details of your referees provided on your application form or uploaded online with your application.
- Your research proposal
- If English is not your first language and you have not studied previously at an institution in the UK, you will need to demonstrate your proficiency in English by taking an IELTS, TOEFL or PTE academic test.
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4567 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4567 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.