This MSc Human Rights and Conflict from University of Dundee is firmly grounded in the disciplines of international relations and international law. You will learn about the key theoretical approaches from these disciplines, consider the practical and ethical issues and frameworks, and apply them to a range of cases.
You will learn about the international legal, political, and philosophical approaches to human rights. You will also study the potential responses to protect individuals from human rights abuses in conflict, including the use of force.
You'll analyse the dynamics of human rights abuses in the context of violent conflict – both domestic and international. Areas you will cover include:
- international criminal justice mechanisms
- transitional justice
- research methods
You will develop key research skills which provide a foundation for academic work and also for work in a variety of institutional settings.
This course will prepare you for a variety of job opportunities, including:
- non-governmental organisations
- international governmental organisations (such as the United Nations or European Union)
- foreign ministries
- the private sector
You could also go on to further postgraduate study, such as a PhD, with a view to a full-time career in academia or research.
- Human Rights in International Relations:
- Human Rights and Conflict
- Public International Law
- Dissertation [Politics]
- The European Energy Union in the International Energy Transition
- International Relations and Energy and Natural Resources
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law View 389 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- An honours degree in Politics/International Relations or a related subject at lower second class or above
- Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who explain clearly their motivation for undertaking the relevant MSc, outlining any relevant work experience
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.