For this reason, the study plan is based on three inter-dependent knowledge based pillars: a technical-scientific area, in order to acquire computer science oriented skills and the instruments for statistical analysis of data; a corporate-management area to develop analytical abilities within a company environment; a financial-economics area to create competences for specific analysis in sectors addressed by this degree course.
The Master’s degree of Applied Data Science for Banking and Finance at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore is oriented to the following professional careers:
- Business Analyst: Data collection, processing and presentation to support the strategic decisions of a company. The role of a Business Analyst can take place in an independent way within the organization structure or, more likely, in relation to other functions present in the organization (purchases and sales, finance, marketing, internal auditing, …) to provide support in the decision process.
- Financial Data Scientist: The professional figure is seen as a link and a analytical/interpretative support role of the decisional processes typical of banking and financial intermediaries, operating investing choices, capital allocation, evaluation, credit supply, evaluation, credit supply and financial coverage based on the evidence of large data samples.
- IT Coding for data science
- Data analysis: techniques and tools
- Probability and statistics
- Analytics accounting
- Course from the economic/Legal area
- Finance and banking
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Round 1: February 1
- Round 2: March 15
- Round 3: April 15
- Round 4: May 14 - Last available deadline for non-EU citizens residing abroad.
- Round 5: June 10
DisciplinesFinance Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 30 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students should have acquired at least 12 ECTS in the area of Information Technology and Mathematics; 12 ECTS in the area
- of Economics, Corporate Finance, and Statistics; and a total of at least 36 ECTS in a larger pool of subjects which may include
- further exams in Mathematics or Statistics, as well as in Economics and Information Technology.
- This will be verified through the transcript of records, hence it is required that students who have not yet graduated send a copy of the official transcripts comprehensive of the subjects they still have to take.
- Eligible candidates need to hold a valid high school diploma.
- Eligible candidates need to hold an undergraduate degree obtained after a minimum of 3 years of study (180 ECTS), which satisfies the requirements for access to second-level academic studies in the awarding country.
International8690 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8690 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per year during 24 months.
- EU: A student may pay from a minimum of about € 3600 (for lower family incomes and cheaper courses) to a maximum of about € 9300 (for higher family incomes and more expensive courses) per year.
Living costs for Gavardo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.