This MSc Design for Healthcare (part time) from University of Dundee brings together people from a range of backgrounds (healthcare professionals, designers, business people, charity professionals etc.) who are passionate about improving health and wellbeing and who can bring their experiences and skills, and work with other people, to generate creative response to problems in this field.
You will benefit from the cross-disciplinary expertise of the University of Dundee’s Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, the School of Medicine and the School of Health Sciences. The V&A Dundee’s Design for Business team also contribute to the design modules. The course will support you in the development of your skillsets through collaboration with people from different backgrounds and working with experts in their fields.
The course will introduce and explore key issues and concepts related to both healthcare and design to give you a foundation for consequent modules which allow you to apply the skills that you have learnt. You will also, at various stages, be immersed in healthcare settings to develop deep insights into these settings, identify the challenges and needs of the healthcare sector and develop responses to these challenges. These may range from products, spaces, services, or systems.
A range of potential job opportunities are available for graduates of this course, in both the private and public sectors. Some examples of potential opportunities include:
- Graduates from this programme could progress into roles in policy in NHS or equivalent, Scottish / UK / Overseas governments, or other governmental policy roles.
- Health industries or design companies which aim to improve people's lives through innovation in healthcare design.
- Collaborative private/ healthcare ventures focussing on design of new technologies and innovative systems.
- Roles within healthcare settings (hospitals, care centres etc.) to apply learning from the programme.
It is anticipated that some students will progress to doctoral study to extend their research in the field.
- Design Thinking: Insights to Innovation
- Changing Populations
- Service Prototyping
- Immersive Research Project
- Health, Care & Wellbeing Contexts
- Leadership and Change
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Management Studies View 1545 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- A first or upper second class honours degree (or an equivalent qualification) in a design, healthcare, clinical, social work, business, or related discipline.
- Applicants with other qualifications or relevant experience will also be considered.
International9950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9950 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4175 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.