At a Glance
The Biomedical Engineering programme of the University of Aberdeen has been designed to provide its graduates with the skills for rewarding careers in clinical engineering, medical device development and biomedical engineering research. This involves understanding the roles that biomedical engineering technologies play in transforming medicine and healthcare delivery. As well as studying core topics around medical devices and the modelling of biological systems, you will carry out an in-depth research project that will lead you into your chosen career. Delivered by experts in medical technologies from the Schools of Engineering, and Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition, this programme offers a true interdisciplinary education in Biomedical Engineering.
- Fundamentals of Engineering in Medicine
- Biomaterials for Medical Devices and Implants
- Biomedical and Professional Topics in Healthcare Science
- Engineering for Life Scientists
- Mobile Robotics and Bioinspiration
- Advanced Composite Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 797 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 degree or higher in engineering or physical sciences is preferred, but applicants with related degrees and significant experience in a relevant area are also encouraged to apply
- English Language Requirements
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
International23500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- RUK students fee - £9,200 per year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.