The aims of the programme are; to provide students with theoretical and applied remote sensing and GIS knowledge, to develop the analytic, critic and problem solving skills of students, and to prepare them for advanced research tasks in the fields.
Occupational Profiles Of Graduates
Graduates of this Geomatic Engineering Remote Sensing and GIS master program from Yildiz Technical University, are expected to build their career on consulting or research and development in the field of remote sensing and GIS. They can work either in private or public companies in the field of Geomatic Engineering or they can continue to their career in academia.
- GIS and Information Technologies
- Accuracy Assesment of GIS and Remotely Sensed Data
- Analytical Cartography
- Map Projections and Coordinate Systems
- Geo-lnformation Processing and Analysis
- DEM and GIS implementation for Landform
- Special Topics in GIS
- Data Quality and Reliability in GIS
- Internet Based Cartography and GIS
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.